|Policy and Procedure Statement 5.15||Applicable Cost Standards|
|Review Cycle: Aug. 1 E4Y||for Sponsored Programs|
|Review Date: 08/01/2019||(5 paragraphs)|
|Reviewer: Director, Sponsored Programs|
1. Many funding agencies place different sets of applicable cost standards on sponsored programs. In order to prevent unallowable costs charges to a sponsored program, the university has set the following as applicable cost standards for all grants except for a sponsor’s individual policies which will supersede these set standards. This policy applies to all sponsored programs. The applicability of this policy is to ensure a consistent cost basis for audit purposes and for the Facilities and Administrative Cost Rate (F&A) proposal submitted to the US Dept. of Health and Human Services.
2. Allowable Costs – Those costs which are deemed to be allocable, allowable and applied consistently with university policy and sponsored program guidelines.
3. Unless otherwise stated, the university shall adhere to the following as its standard policy unless superseded by a specific sponsor’s policy or procedure.
a. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular (Uniform Guidance)
Code of Federal Regulations Title 2 → Subtitle A → Chapter II → Part 200 UNIFORM ADMINISTRATIVE REQUIREMENTS, COST PRINCIPLES, AND AUDIT REQUIREMENTS FOR FEDERAL AWARDS
b. Office of the Governor, State of Texas
i. Uniform Grant Management Standards
4. Proportional Costs for Certain Services – Certain costs (such as cellular phone services) may only be charged to a sponsored program in direct proportion to the current payroll appointment of the subject employee.
5. This PPS has been approved by the reviewer listed below and represents Texas State’s Division of Academic Affairs policy and procedure from the date of this document until superseded.
Review Cycle _____________________ Review Date: ________________
Reviewer: ________________________ Date: ______________________
Approved:_________________________ Date: _____________________
Provost and Vice President
for Academic Affairs
Texas State University
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Last Updated: August 13, 2015
Send Comments and questions to: email@example.com